Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sept 17 - 20th Johnstown Rod Club

Thursday David drove the MH down to Johnstown Colorado to the Johnstown Rod Club. He got everything set up and was enjoying our friends who also came early. I drove down when I got off work and we all went to Platteville to a fabulous restaurant called the Doubletree. Walleye was on my plate, and David enjoyed coconut shrimp. Homemade black walnut ice cream was the topper! Friday I left the camp site at 4:45 to get to work by 6 am. I used a ½ vacation day, so I was done at 10 am. I headed back down I-25 and was there by 11:30. We yammered awhile with our friends, then Jim, David and I headed over to Camping World – we did not buy one single thing! Now that is scary, that we didn’t find a thing we couldn’t live without!

We went back to the campsite and all decided we would just do a carry out – I had sloppy joes, and made a bowl of macaroni salad, there were wonderful heirloom tomatoes, fresh green beans, baked beans, pork chops, a pasta salad and some wonderful zucchini muffins with a brown sugar icing…yum!
This is Joe...and Jake!



This is Hal and Mary!

We had a nice fire but we had an early night. The smoke bothers David and sets him to coughing, so we went in, I fixed him a hot toddy and off to sleep we went.





This is Jim and Joan and the most spoiled dog in the world...Amy! When I die, I want to come back as Joan's dog!

Saturday morning dawned hot and bright. We had a pot luck planned for noon, with our meeting at 1:30. The potluck was a bring your own meat to grill and a side dish or dessert…needless to say, there was much to choose from! I made 8 lbs of baked potatoes in my new Camp Chef stove/oven combo. This pie is from Maureen...she is a fantastic pie baker...Lloyd is a lucky guy! Mmmm, peach pie!



After the meeting, we all sat around and enjoyed each other’s company! Once again, we had a great fire, with a hot dog roast where we once again brought out leftovers to get rid of them!



Sunday morning was good, I cooked on Jim’s outdoor kitchen, garlic sausage, pancakes and eggs to order. Yum, yum.

The ladies sat around and chatted while the guys started picking things up, getting things ready to go…we managed to stretch it out until around 3, then we had to go home.


To all our friends – thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment