Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan 29, 2012 Butter Churn in Port Aransas


Well, we continued to eat our way through Texas, being picked up by Dave and Janet and chauffeured down to Port Aransas, where we met with Mary and Don at a restaurant called the Butter Churn. 
Once again, they didn’t steer us wrong – it was a wonderful buffet with country fried steak, fried chicken, fish, pasta, all sorts of salads, cornbread, fresh yeast rolls, 8 or 9 veggies, and wonderful desserts.  I did not take pics of the buffet – there were too many people milling around, but here is one of the two couples we enjoyed with lunch! 



We ate our way through the buffet, and then we shopped at the Dollar Tree, looking for ‘solar dancing flowers’…unfortunately they had none :( 

We came home and I did some laundry, and hit the hay early. 

1 comment:

  1. The Butter Churn is in Aransas Pass, my parents live right beside it. When I was little my grandparents lived in the house and The Butter Churn was a grocery store...what a great place to visit as a child...candy...need I say more!!
    The Butter Churn is awesome, but the Blessing Hotel is the best!!

    ReplyDelete