Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14, 2011 - Grand Junction & Aaliyah

This morning I woke up at 4:30...laid there until about 6:15, and said to myself I'm getting up at 6:30 - phooey...and the next thing I knew it was 9 am!!!  I rarely sleep that late, but sure did this morning - so we had a bowl of cereal, and soon were on the road.  Of course I had to vacumn before we could leave because of the goatheads and nasty stuff that Cinder drug in - wasn't her fault, it was just dusty, dry and dirty!

By the time we got gas (we got 3 cents off a gallon) and I picked up two salads from Blimpies (coupon for buy 1 get 1 free, so lunch for $4.79) and got on the road it was 11...we got into Fruita about 1, stopped at the welcome center, ate our salads, picked up some brochures, and got to Tanaya's about 2.  Of course, we didn't fit along side the house - when we measured we didn't look UP and there was an AC unit sticking out that we could not clear - so we pulled into the driveway, and our tail end is about two inches on the street, but we parked our cars on both sides, so no biggie.

Here is one of the reasons we are here:

Baby Aaliyah


Grand daughter Kaeleigh - ready to have
great grandson...soon!
 


After we all got settled, I started dinner - we had spaghetti & meatballs, salad with my italian dressing on it, and garlic bread...yum yum - I don't think there were any leftovers! 

Kelsey came home from work and had dinner, then off she went with baby AND Kaeleigh - but they will be back tomorrow morning!  Elena Grace wanted to go with them too, but she has pink eye and was not allowed :(  Too bad, she had to stay home with the 'old folks'...and her mom!  I'll get a pic or two of her in the next couple days - she is growing much too fast!

I may not blog every day while we are here, but then again I might! 

Oh yes, I'm planning on meeting a friend tomorrow evening at a local campground - Pam who I have corresponded with for the last 3 or 4 years and never met in person.  We will remedy that tomorrow unless Kaeleigh goes into labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment