Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011 Deming & good times

This morning we had invited Fran and Rich over for 'muffins' and coffee...I bought the muffins at Sam's - but I decided that breakfast needed a little more - so I whipped up a bacon, cheese & onion crustless quiche, and we added some watermelon - breakfast was spectacular! 

We sat and chatted for almost 2 hours - then I headed off to the laundry, as did Fran.  Rich and David worked on our automatic step that had decided to be NOT automatic! 

While we were doing laundry, we continued to chat, and I was looking through menu's from town - I had been at Paloma's several years ago when I stopped in Deming on my way to Tucson - and the food was amazing!  I wanted to take David there - but according to the menu, they were only open on Sunday's from 11 - 3 and closed Mondays - we will be leaving here Tuesday morning (if our mail shows up!) so when we got back to the MH we told the guys that we wanted to go to an early dinner - and we wanted to visit a winery first...sssssooooo

We visited St Clair Winery and tasted some wonderful wines - of course we got a couple bottles, then we went to Paloma's.  We forgot our camera, but take my word for it, they had an Italian buffet that was...ceasar and house salad, a fantastic potato/sausage/leek soup, wonderful yeasty rolls, spaghetti with meatballs and sausage, cheese ravioli, eggplant parmagiana, penne with chicken in an alfredo sauce, sauteed veggies, drink AND a homemade dessert - coconut cream pie, or Lime chiffon pie, or death by chocolate cake, all for $8.95.  We did our best to get our money's worth :) 

This evening we ran into K-Mart because for some reason I have been unable to locate Cinder's brush - and with this wind and dust, I had to have a new one.  We walked around and around, and bought a brush...and some 1/2 off Easter candy - a dove bunny - mmmm bedtime snack :)

Tomorrow - more adventures are on tap!

1 comment:

  1. I may have to exercise some 'portion control' over reading here - seems I'm always hungry afterward! Really, I love getting the picture of an 'RV-life'!

    ReplyDelete