Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, 2011 Flagstaff to Kanab

Once again, we were ready to go at o'dark thirty...we actually pulled out of Black Bart's RV Park at 8:15, and topped off the gas tank and on the road by 8:30. 

We drove up 189 - and the scenery once again just knocked our socks off! 




We figured a 200 mile day would be pretty easy - NOT.  If we ever do that road again, we will split it into two days.  We got to Kanab at 3:30 pm, totally exhausted from twists, turns, ups and downs - the motorhome engine got pretty hot - we stopped twice to let it cool, once to have lunch, once just to shop...yep, along the way there are stands set up selling navajo jewelry and pottery - got something for my friend in Cheyenne, and got me a stunning necklace and earring set, in a verlant green - gorgeous!  I'll be wearing it for years to come I'm sure!

When we finally got to Kanab, we decided we needed the AC, so we stopped at the Kanab RV Corral - very nice small park, but most expensive campground we've been in to date.  Was $30.57 WITH our discounts!  Ouch!  However, right outside our door is a beautiful fully blooming lilac bush - and I have a bouquet on the table - oh smells heavenly!

I fixed dinner, shrimp with angel hair pasta & garlic, salad and garlic bread - it was yummy - just FYI, I don't always cook shrimp, but I had a 2 lb package that I bought back in Dec for New Year's Eve, and as you know, I ended up in a hotel in San Antonio heading for PA at that time.  So I needed to get it used up before it got freezer burnt!  Mission accomplished!

Tomorrow the plan is to pull out early, head to Cedar City, UT...where more adventures await!

No comments:

Post a Comment